Fennovoima will bring a large number of ice cubes to streets during the following weekend. The purpose of the campaign is to remind that we must fight against climate change by all means.
The Ice cube campaign is displayed in eleven localities around Finland. The cubes will be brought on Friday-Saturday night in key locations, for example in market squares.
Large ice cubes are reminding us that glaciers of the Earth are vanishing due to global warming. The cubes carry a message saying: "Ice will stay if you care. Stopping climate change is the most important thing in the world. Ask from your kids."
The purpose of the campaign is to inspire the public to think about the consequences of climate change. At the same time, it tells that it is still possible to mitigate global change. Part of the solution is nuclear power, an emission-free and efficient way to generate a large amount of energy reliably.
Ice cubes will be found at the following locations: Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kerava, Turku, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Kokkola, Oulu, Raahe and Pyhäjoki. Please find a list of the exact location of the cubes attached and a YouTube video describing ice cube’s melting.
For more information: Heli Nikula, Fennovoima Communications Manager, tel. +358 20 757 8429
Ice cube locations:
- Vantaa, Vantaanaukio: Tikkurila Market, close to Huoneistokeskus
- Kerava, Puuvalonaukio: in front of Prisma, pedestrian street
- Lahti, Torikatu: Market Square opposite the R-Kioski
- Lappeenranta, Kipparinkatu 1: Port Market, sales place number 4
- Kokkola, crossing of Rantakatu and Tehtaankatu, in front of Purjelava
- Pyhäjoki, Ruukintie: in front of library
- Raahe, Sovionkatu: Härkätori Park, Laivurinkatu side
- Oulu, Kauppatori: Torinranta
- Espoo, Otaniementie: Otaniemi metro station, library side
- Turku, Läntinen rantakatu: Aurajoki Beach, Kristiinankatu
- Helsinki, Railway Station Market Square