Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies.
We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Mechanical Engineer, Nuclear Power Plant Specific Equipment
Your scope of responsibility will be mainly focused on nuclear power plant specific equipment. However, your tasks will be adjusted based on your experience.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the mechanical equipment requirements, design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning within your competence area. You will coordinate mechanical component-related activities with NPP suppliers, Fennovoima’s departments and Safety Authorities during all the phases of the project. You will also follow up design, manufacturing and approvals schedule. You will ensure that suppliers follow applicable requirements (YVL Guides, EPC Requirements, EN norms and standards and etc.) and support them if needed. You will follow high safety culture principles in your own work and suppliers activities during the whole process.
Your main tasks will include
- Review and approval of design documentation technical specifications and analyses in your area of responsibility. This includes determining the necessary scope, completeness and quality
- Participation in supplier evaluation and technical assessment audits
- Follow-up of the mechanical component manufacturing at the supplier's facility and at the site
- Co-operation with Safety Authorities
- Preparation of project procedures
The ideal candidate has
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field
- Knowledge of applicable European and Finnish norms and standards, as well as YVL requirements
- Experience in the field of mechanical components such as design, manufacturing or inspections
- Professional background in the nuclear field and awareness of nuclear safety culture are appreciable
- Experiencein technical audits and supplier assessment
- Experience in international projects is an advantage
- Fluent English.Finnish and Russian are an advantage
If you are a positive and active person, have teamwork attitude, are disciplined, take responsibility, find out solutions, follow agreed deadlines and adapt to possible changes, you will be a good candidate for our team.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 16.9.2018. For further information, please contact Equipment team manager Daria Didenkulova tel. +358 (0)20 757 8497 on Wednesday 12.9. at 12:30-14:30 or Psycon consultant Markus Katiska tel. +358 (0)20 710 1246 on Thursday 6.9. at 14:30-16:00. You will find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: The work location at first is in Helsinki office. Later the work location will be in Pyhäjoki. Starting in Pyhäjoki office can also be negotiated.