Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies.
We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
We are strengthening our Turbine Island Team and hiring a Turbine Engineer. Turbine Island area in the Hanhikivi 1 project is one of the three main project areas and consists of turbine-generator & auxiliaries -, cooling water -, feed water supply & purification -, auxiliary boilers, utilities, and electrical distribution system scopes including the related buildings and infrastructure. In your Turbine Engineer position you will participate in design review and approval of systems, which include steam turbine with auxiliaries and steam, condensate and feed water systems. We expect that you have suitable technical education, experience from investment projects and/or operation/maintenance activities, and good communication skills. Detailed job description will be finalized based on candidate’s background and knowledge.
Your tasks include e.g.
- To participate in review and approval of relevant design documentations and to involve appropriate specialists within the company or external consultants for this purpose
- To follow up that the design will be done in accordance with laws, regulations and standards and that supplier fulfills his EPC contract obligations
- To follow up the delivery limits and interfaces between the different stakeholders
- To monitor and be involved in important process equipment projecting
Ideal candidate for this position has
- Technical education: Thermal Power Engineering, M.Sc. or equivalent
- About 5-10 years of experience of power plants: new units construction and/or operation - and/or maintenance activities
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing. Finnish is a clear advantage.
- Possibility for some travelling
We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to take responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 21.10.2018. For further information, please contact Tommi Virtanen, Project Manager, Turbine Island Project Area tel. +358 20 7578 460 on Monday 15th of October at 14-15:30 or Anna Virtanen, Psycon tel. +358 20 7101 279 on Friday 12th of October at 9-10. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: The work location at first is in Helsinki office but starting in Pyhäjoki office can also be negotiated. Later the work location will be in Pyhäjoki.